Nutrien Wonderhub, Saskatchewan’s Children’s Museum, is looking for a new team member to help support the administration of the museum. We’re looking for someone who can help us keep the organization functioning smoothly, efficiently, and effectively. Our mission is to nurture creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning in children. Our team members are energetic and adaptive professionals who are excited by the changes taking place in our organization as we evolve into a world-class children’s museum. Candidates with unique experiences and a passion for supporting the growth and development of children are encouraged to apply.
Responsible for supporting business management of the agency under the direction of the Executive Director. Assist management staff, provide data entry support, responsible for overall functioning of the office during business hours.
- General clerical duties to include: correspondence, statistical and narrative reports, informational and record keeping data, maintaining filing systems for personnel, and donors; updating mailing lists, and responsible for inventory and ordering office supplies.
- Handle incoming and outgoing phone calls at the discretion of the Executive Director.
- Responsible for daily pick up, delivery, and processing of mail.
- Process all funding requests, grant documentation, and grant reports.
- Provide administrative support for fundraising and programming team events.
- Preparing thank you letters to accompany charitable receipts as directed by Development Manager.
- Assist Finance Manager in maintaining all accounts, checkbooks and deposit books.
- Support Finance Manager and Development Manager with reporting for all grants in accordance with financial requirements of the respective funding agency.
- Work directly with the Board Treasurer, overseeing bookkeeping activities:
- Assist with reporting for grants and contracts
- Conduct bill preparation, ensuring all bills are paid in a timely and appropriate manner
- Process accounts payable, generate and process accounts receivable
- Issue charitable receipts for donations
- Petty cash reconciliation/confirmation
- Maintain and update museum’s ISC corporate registry profile
- Assist with yearly audit as required
- Ensure office is well supplied and maintained.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings, Board meetings, and required in-service training.
- Prepare minutes for staff meetings and Board meetings.
- Assist management staff in scheduling and correspondence.
- Any additional duties as requested by the Executive Director.
Experience in office administration with a non-profit organization preferred. Must be well organized and efficient in typing, basic computer knowledge, bookkeeping with Quickbooks, and general office skills. Must be pleasant mannered in dealing with public and representing agency, work well under stress and must be able to work well independently.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11pm on May 24.