Reports to Finance Manager
We are Saskatchewan’s children’s museum. Wonderhub brings children and families together to create learn, play, and explore without boundaries.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Coordinator performs day to day bookkeeping and accounting duties internally and ensures financial records are accurate throughout the year. The Finance Coordinator provides assistance to Finance Manager and other managers on accounting related duties.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Conducting general accounting activities including posting general ledger entries and bookkeeping.
2. Processing and managing accounts payable and issuing cheques to vendors
3. Processing and managing accounts receivables and reconciling statements
4. Performing daily cash-outs, cash reconciliation and weekly bank deposits
5. Monthly reconciliation of bank, credit cards and TAM POS system
6. Processing semi-monthly payroll including year-end adjustments, T4’s, vacation tracking and reconciliation, ROE’s and health plan setup
7. Assist with managing benefits for all employees
8. Processing tax receipts/contribution acknowledgement and thank you letter for donors.
9. Maintaining accounting filing systems
10. Assisting managers with reports and tracking of expenses for fundraising/grant follow ups
11. Assist with preparation of month-end and year-end reports and audit
12. Ensuring that the internal deadlines are met by the employees like timesheets and payables submission etc.
13. Ensuring the success of the accounting procedures and processes through completing other tasks as assigned
14. Backup to the office coordinator during absences
15. Other administrative and accounting duties as assigned and required
College Diploma or equivalent experience related to accounting. 1-2 years of accounting experience is preferable. Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office. Proactive, energetic and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. Experience with Quickbooks and Ceridian is an asset (not a requirement, any experience with accounting software should be nice). Well organized, assertive and detail oriented with accuracy in all functions of the role. Professional in dealing with the public, team members, and volunteers. Experience in accounting with a nonprofit organization is considered an asset.
Located at Nutrien Wonderhub in Saskatoon, this position is part-time (averaging 20 hours per week). The starting wage is $24 per hour plus supplementary health, dental, and vision benefits beginning after a three-month probationary period. This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer, and vehicle (Class 5 driver’s license). Some travel within Saskatoon is required occasionally.
The fast-paced operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation. Wonderhub is committed to the inclusion and recognition of all people regardless of race, age, culture, ability, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, religious affiliation, or socioeconomic status.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit résumé and cover letter to:
Closing date: December 8, 2022 (11:59 pm)
We thank all applications for their interest, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
December 8, 2022
Compensation: $24 per hour
Start Date: November 24, 2022
End Date: December 8, 2022