Nutrien Wonderhub – Finance Manager
Nutrien Wonderhub is looking for a Finance Manager. Our mission is to nurture creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning in children, and our Finance Manager will help ensure that we have the resources to meet that mission. Our team members are energetic and adaptive professionals who are excited by discovery, collaboration, and learning.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references to email@example.com by 11pm on June 14th.
POSITION: Finance Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: part-time permanent position
START DATE: To be determined
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the CEO, the Finance Manager is a key member of the Museum’s executive team. The Finance Manager performs financial and accounting duties internally, oversees the financial accounting system, prepares financial statements and schedules, monitors and advises on investment strategy, provides oversight to office equipment and computer network, and assists in the annual audit.
- Oversee the day-to-day financial operations within the organization:
- Supervise Bookkeeper, ensuring AR/AP, cash-out, deposits, reconciliations, and benefits enrolment processes are properly conducted
- Process or oversee the processing of bimonthly payroll including year-end adjustments, T4’s, vacation tracking and reconciliation, ROE’s, Tax Calculations and health plan setup.
- Ensure that the accounting system and network is set up with appropriate audit controls, user/Accounts, updating accounts, setting up systems access privileges.
- Ensure that the inventory amounts reported in the financial system are accurate.
- Help ensure proper stewardship of donated funds.
- Create and maintain reporting processes for restricted funds and grants.
- Ensure that donations with restrictions are used in accordance with the donor’s specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of and adherence to annual budget, including providing ongoing reports to CEO and Board of Directors.
- Provide expense and revenue projections and work with CEO, Development Manager, and Operations Manager to prepare annual budget for Board approval.
- Prepare and maintain monthly financial reports to include:
- Profit and Loss Budget vs. Actual with Variance
- Balance Sheet
- Cash Flow Projection
- Assist CEO and Audit and Finance Committee in monitoring the organization’s financial performance.
- Prepare and submit month-end and year-end reports to CEO.
- Identify areas of possible improvement.
- Manage the annual audit engagement. This will include assisting the auditor with the audit and compiling the required information in a timely manner. Ensure that the year-end audit adjustments are completed, and management recommendations are considered.
- Recommend contracted outside services for tax preparation, auditing, banking, investments and other financial needs as necessary with oversight from CEO.
- Collecting and remittance of government taxes.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the organization.
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
- Seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the organization.
- Evaluate financial policies and procedures annually, recommending changes to the CEO and Audit and Finance Committee as needed.
- Participate in strategic and organizational planning.
- Serve as a member of the management team, providing leadership and guidance to fellow team members.
- Functioning as a member of the Wonderhub Team, ensuring the success of the museum through completing other tasks as assigned.
The individual will have a solid knowledge of nonprofit accounting practices, a degree in a related field and CPA or equivalent experience and education.
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Quickbooks accounting software.
Must have clean criminal background check.
The individual should have experience with accounting, bookkeeping, and financial management, with a proven ability to create and implement financial policies and procedures that ensure the smooth functioning of a company or organization.
The individual should possess proven leadership skills in a diverse and inclusive environment; a commitment to the positive growth and development of children; the ability to think strategically and translate goals into measurable operational objectives; sensitivity to accessibility and inclusion barriers for marginalized children and families; and highly developed interpersonal skills.
This position is part-time, ranging from 20-30 hours per week (averaging 24 hours per week).
This position will be located at the Nutrien Wonderhub museum site in Saskatoon.
This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer, debit machine.
Some travel within Saskatoon is required to attend meetings, community events, and learning opportunities. Occasional overnight travel may be required depending on current activities.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation.
June 14, 2020
Compensation: $45,000-50,000 per year
Start Date: July 2, 2020