To combine play with education, bridging the gap between school and home and attracting tourists through hands-on exhibits, programs, and outreach that celebrate art, science, technology, and the cultural fabric of Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Maintenance Worker works in partnership with the Custodian team and Operations team to provide a healthy and safe environment at Nutrien Wonderhub. The Maintenance Worker ensures the museum fixtures, exhibits, systems and spaces are maintained to provide enjoyable experiences for all patrons visiting the museum.
Duties and responsibilities
- General Maintenance & Repair
- Facilitate the repair or replacement of any spaces, exhibits and or fixture that requires immediate attention as identified by the Operations Manager;
- Assist the Custodian team with duties where needed due to high public attendance events;
- Work with the Operations Manager to secure materials and supplies required for maintenance and repair as needed.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Work with the Operations Manager to develop a preventative maintenance plan for the museum spaces and exhibits;
- Work with the Operation Manager to develop procedural manuals for maintenance activities and projects;
- Carryout the determined schedule of duties for preventative maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Maintenance Worker will have 3-5 year’s experience fulfilling maintenance work and repair duties, the ability to work on a team and independently, and will value the organizations vision and mission as they will work to create the healthy, safe and sanitary environment that all patrons will fulfill the vision and mission in.
As a member of the Nutrien Wonderhub team, this individuals supports a kind, diverse and inclusive environment; a commitment to the positive growth and development of children; the ability to problem solve; and sensitivity to accessibility and inclusion barriers for marginalized children and families.
Part-time position of 20 hours per week.
Positions work weekdays and occasional evening or weekend depending on special needs of the museum or work which must be carried out.
This position will be located at the Nutrien Wonderhub site in Saskatoon.
Hourly Wage: $20 (Benefit coverage after three month probationary period)
Start Date: June 7, 2019
This position requires working with the following equipment: hand and power tools, ladders, cleaning products and cleaning equipment.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, the Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation.
We work with children to promote a sense of discovery, creativity and exploration both indoors and outside. This sometimes involves facilitating fun in hot, cold, light, dark, quiet and loud environments. This position also typically involves walking, lifting, bending, kneeling and standing for periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references (including phone and email contact) to:
email@example.com by 11:59pm May 12, 2019.
May 12, 2019