Marketing and Communications Coordinator
To foster creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning in children and their adults, through hands-on exhibits, programming and outreach.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, production and evaluation of all public relations, marketing, and communications activities for Nutrien Wonderhub. This position ensures all communications representing Nutrien Wonderhub reflect the organizational strategy and mandate.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Works with operations and development team members to identify advertising needs and create effective, engaging advertising in support of programming, events, and fundraising.
2. Oversees all social media, including the creation of visuals and copy in support of operations, programs and events.
3. Oversees the updating of website to ensure all information is correct, timely and relevant.
4. Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
5. In cooperation with the Development Manager, completes the development of advertising and promotional plans and manages the annual advertising and promotional budget.
6. In cooperation with the Development Manager, develops a communications strategy that effectively markets the organization, educates the public, and maximizes the organization’s fundraising efforts.
7. Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization.
8. Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with print, radio, television, and electronic media.
9. Implements brand guidelines for Nutrien Wonderhub and ensures all marketing and communications materials adhere to guidelines.
10. Produces elements and materials for marketing purposes, externally and in house including the monthly e-newsletter “The Hub”.
11. Coordinates communications from the TAM Point of Sale system using Constant Contact, as well as utilize Text Magic for external communications.
12. Keeps abreast of trends in the industry.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
The individual will have a University degree in business, marketing, communications as well as 3 years of experience with communications planning, marketing, media relations and basic graphic design. A combination of suitable education and experience may also be considered.
Considerable knowledge of marketing and communication best practices for nonprofit organizations and working knowledge of internet, print and social media marketing and communications concepts is required. This individual will have considerable knowledge of appropriate strategies for marketing and communications campaigns, events and fundraising. In addition, this individual will possess strong written, verbal communication, and editing skills.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator must have a demonstrated ability to make informed and considered decisions that come to logical conclusions and mitigate risk to the organization or the board.
This position is Monday to Friday, 30 hours a week (approx. 6 hours a day) with an hourly wage of $24 (Benefit coverage after three-month probationary period).
This position will be located at Nutrien Wonderhub in Saskatoon.
This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer, Adobe suite.
Some travel within Saskatoon is required to attend meetings, community events, and learning opportunities. Occasional overnight travel may be required depending on current activities.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter, two graphic design samples and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 pm December 1, 2019.
December 1, 2019
Type: Full-Time, Part-Time