Visitor Experience Team Member
To combine play with education, bridging the gap between school and home and attracting tourists through hands-on exhibits, programs, and outreach that celebrate art, science, technology, and the cultural fabric of Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Visitor Experience Coordinator, the Visitor Experience Team are key members of the organization and first point of contact for all visitors to Nutrien Wonderhub. Visitor Experience Team Members are responsible for opening and closing the Museum, handling admissions and gift shop counters, maintaining exhibit spaces during open hours, cleaning spaces as needed and at end of day, helping visitors to navigate the Museum and exhibits, promoting programs and memberships, and assisting with bookings and reservations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Customer Service and Museum Ambassadors
- Welcome patrons, partners and volunteers in a positive manner and representative of our organizational culture.
- Respond to emails, phone calls and in person inquiries.
- Assist patrons with needs such as directions, information about services, programming opportunities, party bookings and private rentals.
- Respond to issues that arise for patrons during their visit.
- Assist with setup and tear down of rental spaces
- Assist with welcoming attendees for private rentals.
- Admissions & Gift Shop
- Fulfil opening and closing procedures for registers and cash.
- Use POS system to perform all purchases at the front counter and gift shop counter for admission, memberships, registered programming, rentals and products.
- Keep up-to-date with information about museum services, prices and opportunities to be able to convey to patrons.
- Maintain Gift Shop product levels to ensure patrons are able to see and purchase any product they are interested in.
- Collect data and feedback from patrons determined by Visitor Experience Coordinator.
- Exhibit Spaces
- Fulfil opening and closing procedures for gallery spaces and museum.
- Maintain exhibits by resetting props and equipment in each space, and noting and reporting any damage or malfunction to the Visitor Experience Coordinator.
- Engage with patrons and encourage to learn through play and discover exhibit features.
- Clean Environment
- Assist in daily, weekly, monthly and biannual cleaning schedule and projects.
- Assist in maintaining restrooms in the museum by cleaning and stocking paper product throughout the day.
- Respond to incidents and clean messes and accidents as needed throughout the day.
- Ensure all public spaces are clean and sanitized for the safety of patrons.
- Prepare museum spaces for the following day.
- Other duties as required
Visitor Experience Team Members will have experience in customer service, retail, POS use, cash handling and cleaning. They are people oriented, adhere to policies and procedures, can work independently and in a team dynamic, and communicate well with other staff, volunteers and patrons.
These individuals support a kind, diverse and inclusive environment; a commitment to the positive growth and development of children; the ability to problem solve; and sensitivity to accessibility and inclusion barriers for marginalized children and families.
Casual position (10-15 hours per week)
These positions work weekdays, weekends and occasional evenings.
These positions will be located at the Nutrien Wonderhub site in Saskatoon.
Hourly Wage: $16
Start Date: June 21st, 2021
This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer, debit machine.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, the Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation.
We work with children to promote a sense of discovery, creativity and exploration both indoors and outside. This sometimes involves facilitating fun in hot, cold, light, dark, quiet and loud environments. This position also typically involves sitting, walking, lifting, bending, kneeling and standing for periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references (including phone and email contact) to: email@example.com by 11:59pm June 8th, 2021.
June 8, 2021
Compensation: $16.00 per hour
Start Date: June 21, 2021