Visitor Services Coordinator
To combine play with education, bridging the gap between school and home and attracting tourists through hands-on exhibits, programs, and outreach that celebrate art, science, technology, and the cultural fabric of Saskatchewan.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Visitor Services Coordinator is a key member of the Operations team and leader of the Visitor Services Representatives*, ensuring all visitors to the Museum have a positive and memorable experience. This position is responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient point of sale transactions; maintaining the Museum’s bookings and reservations; promoting Museum services, programs, and memberships; and making sure that the Museum remains clean, orderly, and enjoyable.
*Visitor Services Representatives are responsible for opening and closing the Museum, handling admissions and gift shop counters, maintaining exhibit spaces during open hours, cleaning spaces as needed and end of day, helping visitors to navigate the Museum and exhibits, promoting programs and memberships, and assisting with bookings and reservations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Operations Team – Working with Operations Manager and Programming & Outreach Coordinator
- Support efforts in collecting feedback and data from Museum patrons.
- Use feedback, data and trends to determine customer service needs and adjustments to processes and procedures.
- Participate in the development and facilitation of large events for Nutrien Wonderhub.
- Attend regular team meetings.
- Coordinate Visitor Services Representative (VSR) Staff and Volunteers
- Coordinate and supervise Nutrien Wonderhub’s team of VSR’s.
- Submit staffing schedules to Operations Manager for approval.
- Assist in training, orientation and performance evaluations for all VSR team members.
- Support VSR team members in exemplifying our positive culture of creativity, as ambassadors of Nutrien Wonderhub.
- Assist in training and orientation for all volunteers facilitating VSR roles.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to determine volunteer needs for VSR duties.
- Customer Service Experience
- Ensures the Museum is a clean environment for patrons to experience and enjoy. This includes restrooms, exhibit spaces and rental spaces.
- Works with Operations Manager to develop procedures and schedules for resetting exhibits, and cleaning exhibits, materials and spaces.
- Oversee and coordinate materials needed for exhibits and admissions desk.
- Admissions and Rentals
- Work with Operations Manager to develop and procedures for opening and closing of the museum, handling of cash, POS cash out, special admission programs, and parties/private rentals.
- Ensure accurate and efficient point of sale transactions.
- Maintain accurate information in POS.
- Oversee and coordinate rentals for party rooms and multipurpose space including the coordination of rental needs.
- Promotion of Services, Memberships and Programs
- Learn and understand various services for the museum to be able to communicate to patrons.
- Connect patrons with the services that best suit them and their needs.
- Work with Communications and Marketing Coordinator to promote Museum services and accessibility measures.
- Other duties as required
The individual will have knowledge of nonprofit practices and experience in customer service, retail and coordination of staff. The individual holds a Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience. We value a diverse array in education and skillsets for our team and welcome specialties from a wide range of sectors.
The individual should possess proven leadership skills in a diverse and inclusive environment; a commitment to the positive growth and development of children; the ability to think strategically and problem solve; sensitivity to accessibility and inclusion barriers for marginalized children and families; and highly developed interpersonal skills.
This position is full-time (40 hours per week).
This position works: Thursday-Monday OR Friday-Tuesday [after Nutrien Wonderhub opens) Monday-Friday [prior Nutrien Wonderhub opening]
This position will be located at the Nutrien Wonderhub site in Saskatoon.
This position’s wage is hourly – $20-$22 (Benefit coverage after three month probationary period).
Start Date: April 18, 2019 (sooner if possible)
This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer, debit machine, vehicle (Class 5 driver’s license).
Some travel within Saskatoon is required to attend meetings, community events, and learning opportunities. Occasional overnight travel may be required depending on current activities.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, the Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation.
We work with children to promote a sense of discovery, creativity and exploration both indoors and outside. This sometimes involves facilitating fun in hot, cold, light, dark, quiet and loud environments. This position also typically involves walking, lifting, bending, kneeling and carrying items over distance. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their duties.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references (including phone and email) to:
email@example.com by 11:59pm March 31, 2019.
March 31, 2019