What to expect when you arrive: Tier 1
– Individuals experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 may not
enter the building.
– We are open Thursday to Sunday 9am-4pm.
– Members only admittance at this time.
– No outside food or drink is permitted at this time, with the exception of water bottles and baby bottles.
– Water fountains are closed, but water bottle fillers remain operational.
– All visitors must complete a new waiver and attestation of
health before experiencing the museum (regardless of
previous waivers signed). Contact information is collected
at this time for contact tracing.
– All family units are required to travel together through the museum for the duration of their visit. (no exceptions)
– Handwashing throughout your visit is encouraged.
– Masks are strongly encouraged.
– Capacity restrictions are in place – no more than 1 family unit is permitted in Gathering Place and North Gallery at a time, and no more than 2 family units are permitted in all other exhibits at a time. (Cosmic Commotion and Airways are closed due to precautionary measures)
– Props on the floor have been reduced and are changed out throughout the day. Yuck Buckets are available in exhibits for disposal of props that have come in contact with bodily fluids or placed in a child’s mouth.
Make your own prop in Create Space to play with while at Wonderhub and then take home to keep the fun going!
As you know, based on the guidance that government and health experts have given, Nutrien Wonderhub has made the difficult decision to temporarily close our facility. We had initially announced a closure for two weeks to do our part to help and stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. At this time, we have made the decision to remain closed and will continue to evaluate a re-opening date based on information from the Government of Saskatchewan and the Saskatchewan Health Authority social distancing continues to be the best way for us to slow the spread of this new contagion and avoid overwhelming the healthcare system.
We also want to update you as to our plan to offer virtual programs to continue to meet our mission of fostering curiosity, creativity and a lifelong love of learning. Our program team has developed a plan to deliver programs via social media and our website, incorporating a full lineup of educational videos. We will be creating these in house in order to highlight the variety of programs that Wonderhub offers during regular operations. These will include storytelling, arts and crafts, STEAM Days, Move and Groove sessions and Facebook live events. A schedule for these events and activities will be posted on our website. Our goal is to provide families with a resource to learn through play in a way that will encourage them to discover, create, wonder and feel connected to the world outside their doors. We know that you are our best ambassadors and encourage you to share the resources that we are able to provide with others in our community.
As well, we understand that there are questions about memberships. Wonderhub wants to make sure our members are taken care of as a valued part of the Wonderhub family. As such, we will be extending all membership expiration dates based on the dates of closure. For example, if we are closed for 40 days, your membership expiration date will be extended by 40 days. Members are an important part of Wonderhub, and we want to do our part to ensure your family does not miss out on any time spent making memories together at Nutrien Wonderhub!
We know that this situation is challenging for our community, and we appreciate the support of our Wonderhub members. Nutrien Wonderhub is a non-profit charity, so we want to send a special thank you to those that have chosen to make small and large donations to help Wonderhub remain in the financial position of being able to offer these online resources during the closure. Your support truly means the world to us and illustrates the value that our community continues to put on creativity, curiosity and playful learning for the children of Saskatchewan and their adults.
Further information regarding our closure and the virtual program schedule can be found at www.wonderhub.ca
Amanda McReynolds Doran
Nutrien Wonderhub has made the difficult decision to close our facility for two weeks, beginning at 5pm today.
We care deeply for all members of our community. As you know, our government has asked us all to practice social distancing in order to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which is a very serious threat to immunocompromised individuals, people with underlying health issues, and people over the age of 65. Social distancing is most effective when the indoor places people tend to gather are shut down.
We are hopeful that this temporary closure will help reduce the number of our visitors and staff members who are exposed. We want to give our health care system a fighting chance, and social distancing is proving to be the best way for us to slow the spread of this new contagion and avoid overwhelming the system.
We are reaching out to those who have parties, private rentals, and other bookings with us in the coming weeks. Similarly, we are reaching out to all those who have purchased tickets to our upcoming adult night, which is now cancelled. We are still trying to determine how to best reduce the impact this temporary closure will have on those with annual passes and we will be addressing that with our pass holders as soon as possible.
We will be shifting our focus during this closure to provide families with ideas for fun, educational, activities that will keep kids learning through play at home. We will continue to be a resource for those who want to encourage their children to explore, discover, create, and wonder.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we continue to respond to this rapidly changing situation. It is our hope that this rapid response led by our public health officials will be effective in slowing the spread of COVID-19 and that we can be back to normal operations soon. We will continue to monitor the recommendations of the province and the health authority and respond accordingly.
This afternoon in a joint press conference with Health Minister Reiter and Chief Medical Officer Dr. Shahab, Premier Moe announced that additional measures are being advised in order to limit the spread of COVID-19. One of these measures is limiting large gatherings to no more than 250 people in one room. Even though Nutrien Wonderhub has multiple rooms and galleries, we will be limiting our capacity to 200 guests at a time. We do not anticipate this causing line-ups, as with the hours we currently offer we can still serve up to 800 people over the course of a day. What this will allow is a greater personal space between guests as well as additional opportunities for staff and volunteers to sanitize throughout the day.
We know that the risk to our community remains low, but we are committed to helping keep that risk as low as possible. We will continue to diligently monitor reports and recommendations from the province and health authority. You can be confident that we will continue to keep the health and safety of our guests and team members our top priority.
- We will move our evening closing time from 6pm to 5pm to allow for daily extra sanitizing of the facility, exhibit, and toys. This change will go into effect March 12th.
- All stuffies, masks, and costumes have been removed from the floor, as they are more difficult to sanitize multiple times each day.
- Staff members and volunteers are asked not to come to Wonderhub if they have fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Employees, volunteers, and groups visiting Wonderhub (such as schools or daycares) will proceed to hand washing station upon arrival at Nutrien Wonderhub.
- You can help too! Please postpone your visit to Wonderhub if you or members of your household have fever, cough, or shortness of breath. Similarly, please postpone your visit to Wonderhub if you have recently travelled to an area where the virus has spread significantly.