Give your students the gift of discovery.
Discovery Visits provide a fun and unique way for students and teachers to learn through play, covering a number of Saskatchewan curricular outcomes through a combination of integrated STEAM learning and cultural and social components.
Requests for Discovery Visits for the 2019/2020 school year will begin on September 16, 2019 and requests received before that date will not be considered. Discovery Visits will begin October 1, 2019 and will run until the end of June 2020.
Well organized, fantastic materials. Hands on, play based exploration of math, science, and art. The staff worked very well with our groups and were very accommodating to students with extra needs. It was great!
What goes up must come down! The Construction/Destruction program uses shapes, and structures to teach children about motion and rhythm.
Colour BlastPre-K-Grade 3
From colour mixing to chemical reactions, children will have a blast playing with colours in our Colour Blast program.
Discovery NorthPre-K-Grade 3
Get to know the many amazing animals of northern Saskatchewan through our interactive Discovery North program.
Hello BodyGrades 4 & 5
Meet the world’s most advanced machine-your body! Hello Body builds children’s understanding of how their bodies work with hands on activities.
A Promise is a PromiseK-Grade 3
There are many ways to make a promise. Examine different kinds of promises and the importance of keeping a promise that has been made.
Simple MachinesGrades 3-6
Create simple machine technology and learn how many of these simple machines has benefited humans. A catapult challenge at the end adds an extra pop of fun.
Rock On!Grades 3-6
The story of our earth can be told by exploring rock formation and erosion. Rocks and minerals are often the main characters in learning how landforms were shaped.
Clang! Bang! Boom!Pre-K-Grade 4
Explore the sound of science while learning about pitch, volume, sound waves and vibration. Create colourful unique sound makers to entertain the people around you.
This experience does not have a facilitated portion. Instead classes are free to explore all that the museum has to offer for the full two hours. Upon arrival, a facilitator will welcome you to the museum and go through the guidelines before your exploration.
The Fine Print
- Programs will commence on Tuesday, October 1 and must be booked using the online registration form.
- Programs run for 120 minutes and include 45 minutes of facilitated program time and 75 minutes of museum exploration time.
- Program time slots are available Tuesday to Friday from 9:45am – 11:45am or 12:45pm – 2:45pm.
- Cost for a Discovery Visit is $5 per student, with teachers and chaperones free of charge
- Program capacity is minimum 6 students, maximum 32 students. There is a chaperone requirement of 1 adult for every 6 students.
- Discovery Visits must be booked 2 weeks in advance of visit date.
- Fees can either be paid on arrival or teachers can choose to be invoiced separately.