Communications and Marketing Coordinator
To foster creativity, curiosity, and a lifelong love of learning in children and their adults, through hands-on exhibits, programming and outreach.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Communications and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, production and evaluation of all public relations, marketing, and sales activities for Nutrien Wonderhub. This position ensures all communications representing Nutrien Wonderhub reflect the organizational strategy and mandate.
Duties and responsibilities
- Develops a communications strategy that effectively markets the organization and educates the public and maximizes the organization’s fundraising efforts.
- Develops and implements communications and media strategies that successfully deliver information and key messages to the public.
- Develops and maintains a strong and productive relationship with print, radio, television, and electronic media.
- Ensures the organization is understood by the media and the media are interested in presenting information to the public in a manner that informs and educates them on the organization.
- Provides ongoing media training to the management team and volunteers. Ensures management and volunteers have the skills and confidence to deliver appropriate messages during interviews with the media.
- Directs market research activities in order to keep abreast of changing demographics and other relevant issues in order to evaluate marketing and communication activities and to monitor emerging issues.
- Ensures the development of advertising and promotional plans and manages the annual advertising and promotional budget.
- Manages the use of external resources as they pertain to the marketing and communications function (e.g. advertising agency, printers, etc.)
- Implements brand guidelines for Nutrien Wonderhub and ensures all marketing and communications materials are following guidelines.
- Produces elements and materials for marketing purposes, in house and externally.
- Works with operations and development team members to identify advertising needs and create effective, engaging advertising in support of programming, events, and fundraising.
- Keeps abreast of trends in the industry.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The individual will have a University degree in business, marketing, communications as well as 3 years of experience with strategic planning, communications planning, marketing and media relations. A combination of suitable education and experience may also be considered.
Considerable knowledge of marketing and communication best practices for nonprofit organizations and working knowledge of internet, print and social media marketing and communications concepts is required. This individual will have considerable knowledge of appropriate strategies for marketing and communications campaigns, events and fundraising. In addition, this individual will possess strong written, verbal communication, and editing skills.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator must have a demonstrated ability to make informed and considered decision that come to logical conclusions and mitigate risk to the organization or the board.
This position is part-time (15-20 hours per week) with an hourly wage of $24 – $30 (Benefit coverage after three month probationary period).
This position will be located at Nutrien Wonderhub in Saskatoon.
This position requires working with the following equipment: POS system, computer.
Some travel within Saskatoon is required to attend meetings, community events, and learning opportunities. Occasional overnight travel may be required depending on current activities.
The operating environment is such that staff may be required to work extra hours to meet the needs of the organization. While staff need to be flexible in their work schedules, Nutrien Wonderhub is committed to providing appropriate time-in-lieu and/or compensation.
If you feel that this position may be right for you, please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
[email protected] by 5pm March 4, 2019.
March 4, 2019